Global Digital Partner
To develop the framework we collaborated with central and local teams as well as channel specialists.
Critical inputs included: Customer Journey Mapping (identifying every moment in every customer experience phase when using a PayPal product); Global Campaign Mapping (analysing every digital marketing campaign used by PayPal over the past 12 months) and Global KPI Development (defining and standardising key performance indicators for every market and region).
The framework provides three main advantages to PayPal as a global business:
- Investment decisions are now centred on the projected return on marketing budgets
- Strategy is optimised by introducing a structured briefing process and identifying new implementation options, target groups and tactics
- Planning has improved by identifying weaknesses and opportunities in customer communication through analysis and systematic testing
Encompassing all relevant activities, the framework guides PayPal’s investment in both always-on marketing and individual campaigns (e.g., product launches). It also enables continuous alignment of media and business goals, long-term results tracking and ongoing monitoring of customer behaviour.
Services we provided:
- Market & competitor benchmarking
- Trend alerting & innovation insights
- Customer journey intelligence & mapping
- Audience segmentation & behavioural insights
- Measurement & effectiveness frameworks
- Communication and channel strategy
- Media strategy
- Product & service strategy
- Rapid prototyping & testing
- SEO & ASO
- Programmatic display
- Paid social
- Multi-market dynamic dashboards & marketing insights