What does the role involve?
Reporting to the Head of Planning, you own all aspects of media strategy and planning for a set of clients within FinTech, eCommerce, Healthcare and B2B. You also help us win new clients, leading the media strategy for pitches, and supporting the cross-sell and up-sell of other channels, activities, and projects.
The role fits in to two core areas:
Strategy and planning is what you love: after all, this is why you’re here. Working with the cross-discipline delivery team, you create an approach and strategy that can be applied across multiple media channels.
Our planning is grounded in insight rigour. Your understanding of attribution, media mix modelling and planning tools means you can pull together insights and audience behaviours that ensure effective planning.
You also harness your understanding of the marketing technology landscape to help activate fully integrated campaigns. And because you know plans can (and should) change based on feedback loops, you help generate insight that drives in-flight optimisation and testing
Finally, from time to time, you get involved in new business proposals and pitches, owning the media planning component.
Sure, you can develop plans – but can you sell them into clients? Building strong relationships with mid-level client stakeholders, explaining the rationale and thinking behind your plans is critical.
Naturally, the relationships you build with internal agency teams is just as important. You work with the channel specialist teams to deliver impactful plans, presentations, and reports for yearly/quarterly planning and QBRs.
Our clients also look to us for what’s next. So you pro-actively monitor the digital landscape to identify trends, opportunities and partners appropriate for these clients
What are we looking for?
Put simply, someone who gets data and insights, can translate insights into media plans – and can communicate these plans to key people.
You are analytical, methodological and know the digital media landscape inside out. You have experience developing media strategies that have overachieved for different brands and campaigns. You move fast, but equally, your recommendations are considered and grounded in insight. You’re comfortable working both independently and in a team.
Some of the experience we would expect to see for this role includes:
- At least 4-6 years online media planning experience
- Experience developing digital media strategies for large clients that reach addressable audiences across multiple channels
- Strong understanding of attribution and digital measurement; experience using Google Analytics or similar tools
- Strong knowledge of all digital channels, both paid and organic
- Working knowledge of third-party digital marketing research tools
- Experience of display advertising/programmatic, working with DSPs, major networks, creative agencies and Adserver attribution technology
- Knowledge of other DSPs, the Adobe Marketing Platform and Adservers is a bonus
- Working knowledge of paid search, SEO, paid social media, and how they fit together across a customer journey
- Presentation skills: ability to explain recommendations in clear and compelling ways
- Proficient in MS Office, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Awareness of non-digital channel, UX and CRM an advantage
Equal Opportunity Statement
SYZYGY is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees, and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. Please let us know if you may need any additional support when applying for the role or if you are invited for an interview.
Excited about this role?
The benefits of working at SYZYGY