Hello and thank you for your interest in SYZYGY*
We are a data, digital and strategic agency, who create transformational change at pace.
We are 50% owned by WPP, which enables us to enjoy the benefits of being part of a large network; whilst retaining our independent pioneering spirit, which is as strong today as it was in 1995 when the agency was formed.
We have eight offices across Europe and North America and a team of 600 digital specialists; there are about 60 of us in the London office.
Working at SYZYGY means the opportunity for professional growth and fulfilment, in a supportive, fun and friendly environment , that offers freedom and flexibility.
Anyone interested in joining SYZYGY should have an entrepreneurial mindset and happily adhere to our agency values:
Brave: you are not afraid to give your honest opinion, you love making a difference.
Collaborative: we work as a team, believing we are all stronger together.
Curious: you don’t settle for what you already know, you bring a fresh perspective to everything.
Integrity: you always do the right thing, for our clients and the agency; which is why people love working with and for SYZYGY!
*Our name? Pronounced siz-a-jee, it’s an astronomical term, referencing the sun, moon and earth being in perfect alignment. We like alignment.
JOB TITLE: Optimisation Manager/Engineer/Specialist
REPORTING TO: Director Of Data and Experience Technology
What does the role involve?
- Design and conduct optimization experiments using quantitative (A/B tests) and qualitative techniques.
- Gain an in-depth knowledge of client’s.com website architecture and subscription business model to identify where opportunities are.
- Be the subject matter expert and lead ASO for our biggest optimisation client.
- Build business cases, prioritize a 3-month roadmap, and figure out the best implementation method and schedule. Make thoughtful trade-offs to balance quality, customer value, and schedule.
- Use various methodologies to deliver new experiments: A/B testing, multivariate testing, segment-based targeting, behavioural targeting, display ad targeting, and landing page optimization
- Define measurable goals and metrics, set priorities and manage a backlog of ideas, work with engineering, design, and QA to meet those requirements.
- Mentor Analysts and provide constructive criticism around wireframing, creative, test setup, and customer communication skills.
- Build detailed wireframes and manage their creative production in order to accomplish testing goals while adhering to Client’s brand guidelines.
- Work with Experience Designers on customer journeys, UX flows, and page designs
- Analyze large and detailed data sets in order to make recommendations around follow- up tests.
- Manage multiple projects, with multiple remote teams, at one time.
- Deduce and present results, learnings and recommendations from tests.
- Provide regular status updates and quickly escalate potential issues.
- Manage business expectations, by pitching the ideas and experiments to stakeholders.
What are we looking for?
- Experience in digital marketing roles and Direct experience with B2B and/or B2C digital marketing, including web optimization, enabling testing strategy and execution.
- Enthusiastic, creative and innovative attitude
- At least 2-years experience in leading ASO (App Store Optimisation) for global multi-market brands.
- Articulate in documenting test roadmap, test charter, writing functional specs and user stories.
- Ability to manage issue resolution and mitigate risk on the testing roadmap.
- Well versed in defining roadmaps and delivering with teams that employ agile software development methodologies.
- Analytical skills to test hypothesis and sort through uncertain options.
- Ability to craft clear, compelling recommendations supported by strong analysis and business logic, and articulate them to the organization to gain support for recommendations.
- Ability to influence executive and senior level leaders regarding road map and work backlog priorities and trade-offs.
- Ability to collaborate under pressure on time-critical initiatives.
- Ability to juggle several initiatives and shift priorities as needed.
- 25 days holiday a year, plus Public and Bank Holidays and time off between Christmas and New Year
- Summer Fridays: the last Friday of June, July and August are half days for everyone (on us!), no need to book it off
- Time off for birthday
- Fun, exciting company events (when possible…)
- Free breakfast and fruit (when we’re back in…)
- Health cover
- Life Insurance
- Wellbeing Programme
- Flexible working hours
- Discounted gym membership
- We also provide discounts on top brands, travel loans and much more
Equal Opportunity Statement
SYZYGY is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees, and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. Please let us know if you may need any additional support when applying for the role or if you are invited for an interview.