Hello and thank you for your interest in SYZYGY*
We are a data, digital and strategic agency, who create transformational change at pace.
We are 50% owned by WPP, which enables us to enjoy the benefits of being part of a large network; whilst retaining our independent pioneering spirit, which is as strong today as it was in 1995 when the agency was formed.
We have eight offices across Europe and North America and a team of 600 digital specialists; there are about 60 of us in the London office.
Working at SYZYGY means the opportunity for professional growth and fulfilment, in a supportive, fun and friendly environment, that offers freedom and flexibility.
Anyone interested in joining SYZYGY should have an entrepreneurial mindset and happily adhere to our agency values:
Brave: you are not afraid to give your honest opinion, you love making a difference.
Collaborative: we work as a team, believing we are all stronger together.
Curious: you don’t settle for what you already know, you bring a fresh perspective to everything.
Integrity: you always do the right thing, for our clients and the agency; which is why people love working with and for SYZYGY!
*Our name? Pronounced siz-a-jee, it’s an astronomical term, referencing the sun, moon and earth being in perfect alignment. We like alignment.
JOB TITLE: Media Planner
REPORTING TO: Digital Strategist
What does the role involve?
The SYZYGY planning team deliver award-winning, innovative strategies for all of our clients. We do this through distilling insights from existing activity, research, trend analysis, competitor behaviour, interviews and client workshops.
We consider ourselves problem solvers and innovators that work collaboratively with the client delivery teams and the client to accelerate performance and bring fresh perspectives to activity. In the role you will also lead the media strategy for pitches and support the cross-sell and up-sell of other channels, activities and projects.
The role will be across our exciting range of clients within FinTech, eCommerce, Healthcare & B2B.
You will own all aspects of media strategy and planning, including but not limited to:
- Strategy & planning development – working with the client delivery team to identify an approach and strategy across multiple media disciplines
- Build audience-led media strategy for existing clients and new business pitches with a focus on data-driven performance marketing
- Understanding the use of attribution, media mix modelling and planning tools to pull together insights and audience behaviours
- Building strong relationships with mid level client stakeholders and internal agency teams
- Understanding of marketing technology landscape and how this technology can help activate performance campaigns
- Work with client delivery team to help generate insight that leads to in-flight optimisation and testing
- Collaborate with internal departments to deliver fully integrated campaigns, ensuring channel specialist teams deliver quality deliverables for yearly/quarterly planning and QBRs.
- Pro-actively monitor the digital landscape to identify trends and partners for our clients
What are we looking for?
You are analytical, methodological and know the digital media landscape inside out. You have experience developing media strategies that have overachieved for different brands and campaigns. You can move fast, but equally, your recommendations are grounded in insight. You’re comfortable working independently and in a team.
- University Degree (or international equivalent).
- 4-6 years online media planning experience minimum
- Experience developing digital media strategies for large clients that ensure they reach addressable audiences across multiple channels
- Strong understanding of attribution and digital measurement – experience using Google Analytics or similar tools essential
- Strong knowledge and passion of all digital channels – both paid & organic
- Working knowledge of third-party digital marketing research tools
- Experience of display advertising/programmatic, working with DSPs, Major Networks, Creative agencies and Adserver attribution technology
- Working knowledge of paid search, SEO, paid social media and how they fit together across a customer journey
- Knowledge of other DSPs, the Adobe Marketing Platform and Adservers is a bonus
- Presentation skills: ability to explain recommendations in clear and compelling ways
- Awareness of non-digital channels an advantage but not a requirement
- Proficient in MS Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- 25 days holiday a year, plus Public and Bank Holidays and time off between Christmas and New Year
- Summer Fridays: the last Friday of June, July and August are half days for everyone (on us!), no need to book it off
- Time off for birthday
- Fun, exciting company events (when possible…)
- Free breakfast and fruit (when we’re back in…)
- Health cover
- Life Insurance
- Wellbeing Programme
- Flexible working hours
- Discounted gym membership
- We also provide discounts on top brands, travel loans and much more
Equal Opportunity Statement
SYZYGY is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees, and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. Please let us know if you may need any additional support when applying for the role or if you are invited for an interview.