Hello and thank you for your interest in SYZYGY*
We are a data, digital and strategic agency, who create transformational change at pace.
We are 50% owned by WPP, which enables us to enjoy the benefits of being part of a large network; whilst retaining our independent pioneering spirit, which is as strong today as it was in 1995 when the agency was formed.
We have eight offices across Europe and North America and a team of 600 digital specialists; there are about 60 of us in the London office.
Working at SYZYGY means the opportunity for professional growth and fulfilment, in a supportive, fun and friendly environment, that offers freedom and flexibility.
Anyone interested in joining SYZYGY should have an entrepreneurial mindset and happily adhere to our agency values:
Brave: you are not afraid to give your honest opinion, you love making a difference.
Collaborative: we work as a team, believing we are all stronger together.
Curious: you don’t settle for what you already know, you bring a fresh perspective to everything.
Integrity: you always do the right thing, for our clients and the agency; which is why people love working with and for SYZYGY!
*Our name? Pronounced siz-a-jee, it’s an astronomical term, referencing the sun, moon and earth being in perfect alignment. We like alignment.
JOB TITLE: HR Administrator
JOB PURPOSE: The role covers a wide aspect of HR and the successful candidate will provide HR administration and recruitment co-ordination support to the HR team by ensuring that that all procedural aspects of the employee lifecycle are dealt with fairly, equitably and in accordance with legislative requirements, company policies and good practice.
REPORTING TO: Head of Human Resources
What does the role involve?
- Administration of HR documentation such as employment letters, associated to but not limited to probation, T&C changes, leaver letters, probation letters, spot bonuses, retention bonuses, reference requests
- Coordinate the new hire pre-boarding and onboarding processes, including correspondence, contracts and induction schedule relating to week one of employment, buddy allocation
- Maintaining complete orderly HR and employee records, including the updating of org charts
- Responsible for HR platform for all admin changes and reporting
- Regularly maintain and update our employee handbook and ensure new policies and procedures are cascaded down and understood by everyone
- Support Head of HR in all best practice HR administration employee life circle, including maternity/paternity/adoption processes, appraisals, leavers procedure etc.
- Support in-house resource with ad hoc duties
- Coordinate social and wellbeing activities with Receptionist/Office Manager
- Benefit administration, ensuring our benefit pack is competitive and well-rated by everyone
- Coordinate all training requests
- Undertaking HR projects as required
- Support Office Management/ reception duties when necessary
What are we looking for?
This is an Entry level role: we are looking for someone with a strong interest in People Management/ Human Resource, eager to learn and develop and grow in a fast pace environment.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, ideally either in Human Resources, Business Administration or another applicable course
- Excellent attention to detail and accurate execution.
- Exceptional organisational skills combined with adaptability
- Able to work with specific instructions and task lists, ensuring all duties are done in accordance with business rules and deadlines.
- Excellent analytical skills, and ability to interpret data.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient with Microsoft suits – PowerPoint, Excel, PowerPoint
- High level relationship building skills, with a willingness and eagerness to learn and contribute.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple competing priorities and adjust with changing business needs
- 25 days holiday a year, plus Public and Bank Holidays and time off between Christmas and New Year
- Summer Fridays: the last Friday of June, July and August are half days for everyone (on us!), no need to book it off
- Time off for birthday
- Fun, exciting company events (when possible…)
- Free breakfast and fruit (when we’re back in…)
- Health cover
- Life Insurance
- Wellbeing Programme
- Flexible working hours
- Discounted gym membership
- We also provide discounts on top brands, travel loans and much more
Equal Opportunity Statement
SYZYGY is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees, and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. Please let us know if you may need any additional support when applying for the role or if you are invited for an interview.